Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Long and Short of It.

Let's get this blog going!! For now, let's start with the short of it. We can get into the nitty-gritty details along the way.

About 9 months ago our two little girls, ages 2 and 4, were diagnosed with severe food allergies. You name it, they are allergic. In fact, they are allergic to so many things that people often question if we are really being honest. Truly, I wouldn't fudge about such details as being allergic to all fowl, and really, have you ever met someone who is allergic to chicken?!

So, after loads of issues, ranging from behavioral to physical, we finally figured out what was going on with our sweet little girls. As a parent I would have walked to the ends of the earth to heal their bodies, but instead of lacing up my running shoes, I simply have to don my apron and turn into an allergy-free Betty Crocker or full-time kitchen servant, whichever you prefer.

I will post recipes as well as just general information on this blog. I am finding that people are liking the food that I make better that "regular" food and people often ask for the recipes. I will also share the best brands that I have found for gluten and allergy free foods (and where I have found them for the least amount of money). We aren't your run-of-the-mill gluten-free family. We are gluten/peanut/soy/corn/egg-free family. And those are just the Fearsome Fivesome.

See you soon with delicious eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment